Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hospital Scare

So those of you who know me ( ie Kerri thanks for the email!) You know I wouldn't leave a blog like the last one and not return - not only that but I dont think a day has passed in my life when I wasn't on ivf.ca
So roll the clock back 2 nights - I was awake the entire night with massive massive pains - not in my uterus thank god, but on my left side, under my rib down to about the belly button - my back was also really hurting - and then the pain got worse - so bad that i couldn't even stand - it felt like contractions in my intestines - and then the vomiting started - ohhh did it start.
Anyways - around 5am I told hubby to call an ambulance - yes it was THAT bad. He agreed to drive me - so with Brad in tow at 5am we left for the hospital - they took me immediately. My blood pressure is normally 110/60 ( perfect little ticker I have :) ) any my pulse is normally between 75-80.... I was at 150/80 and my Pulse was at 150.
Anyways - by this time I had probably had diarrhea 12 times, and vomited at LEAST 6 times ( keep in mind its now like 6am ) anyways so rushed in - they decided to "incubate me" ie - I looked like the big freak that everyone had to wear MASSIVE amounts of protective wear every time they entered the room. So the beat goes on - they took SUPER good care of me... I was hooked up to EKGs, I had 1 Liter of IV pumped into me in SIX minutes - it was nuts.. I was then hooked up to IVs for the rest of the day - and I had MANY MANY shots of gravel - who knew ladies gravel is 100% safe in pregnancy.
Anyways the dr started freaking out that maybe it was ectopic - sometime a baby can venture up the Fallopian tube even after pregnancy has been established - so at this point we're freaking. We're rushed away to High Risk OB unit PHEW everyone was fine ( willl finish up blog with triplet update)... that's clear. (i've never seen DH cry so much too cute!)
Then they bring me to general u/s the looked at EVERYTHING I have never been so thoroughly examined - gull bladder, spleen, kidneys, stomach, etc... to give you an idea that ultrasound lasted TWO HOURS...
Anyways the big end of it : I think it was just gastro. FRIGGEN IMAGINE?... it hit me hard though because he said your blood volume is outta control ( which is normal in triplet pregnancy ) so really everything that happens to me is X3
So then Im leaving and he gives me another shot of gravel for the road ( did I mention how much I love thoes friggen things???) ... And Im thinking ok this is probably just REALLY REALLY REALLY puke 25 times a day m/s. The DR made me promiss to come back for a few days IV if the puking continued... I promised. He also mentioned that it was odd that I didn't have m/s with ds and would get it with this pregnancy - he says once a vomiter always a vomiter - he was a little shocked.
Anyways - I came home and immediately fell asleep. I just woke up and...I feel GREAT. I dont want to jinx it but zero m/s nothing - Im hoping infact it wasn't m/s and was just all part of the gastro - my tummy still gurgling and feeling sensitive but after yesterday - it's little wonder!
SOOO the exciting thing - all babes are doing perfect.....
First U/S as I mentioned in the ivf.ca post showedbaby a - hb was around 125 measuring a wee bit small 6w6d still had a yolk sac - were a little concerned but us at risk to loose oneBaby b- hb around 145 measuring exact 7w1day - perfect as can be babybaby c - hb aronud 145 measuring exact 7w1day - prefect as can be.
Then At the hospital we had another u/s with the "high risk tech pros" they said they've never seen happier trips! :)baby a - hb around 135 measuring perfect - no issues anymore with yolk sac - he's staying till the endbaby b - hb 148 measuring perfectbaby c - hb 150 measures perfect --- and dont forget this is after mommys had vials upon vials of gravel they heart could have been slower but it wasn't - the DR there was SUPER MEGA UBER impressed -
All the DRs keep telling me - Im perfect for triplets, im so lucky - the babes are so lucky - I have zero health problems, Ive carried a babe to term, I had a perfect uterus --- everyone was SOOO positive that made me feel really happy.
DH is so attached to them -you know it really hit us by surprise - because of our silly inconclusive ( never have an u/s at 5w0d) I never thought it was be more than twins... i almost fell off the table, the tech asked me if I wanted someone in the washroom with me because i looked like I was going to pass out... the first thing DH said to me was...well I guess we're not getting a boat this summer.
DH is SOOO pumped though I never thought he would be THIS excited, he's so inlove with them..it's so sweet....
I have to tell you - never in a million bagillion years - did I ever want/ think/ wish for triplets - common, Im a poor responder.... I really really wanted twins - so triplets is a bit shocking for us - but we couldn't be happier - we've already started a list of people taking vacation time off ( mostly family ) to come and help out - its fantastic - we're really the right people to have trips - we have THE BEST - support system ever.
So i've been blogging for nearly 30mins - still feeling good :)
Will write more later --- sooo excited
ohh and my hcg yesterday he said he couldn't remember the exact number it was over 120,000 lol - he said those are snug babes!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment